Friday, December 12, 2008

Trying to get over the pink thing...








Ok, so the title of my entire blog is "Pink used to be my favorite color..." It still is...but I have to admit after first being diagnosed I lived in a Pepto Bismal hell. Is it fair for a color to represent a disease? It really doesn't matter unless you have the disease. It is for awareness, but I am aware of it more than ever. It is kind of like the rainbow. Straight people don't have the chance to have anything rainbow anymore. My pure disease free pink has been taken from me. And it pisses me off.




You may now feel my pain...and as much as I am thankful for the pink kitchen aid mixer, pink dyson, pink converse tennis shoes...the pink strawberry ribbon in the vanilla ice cream...(when I just wanted to escape and have some ice cream) and we can't forget the pink White House...
these things still did not create enough awareness for
my doctors' to think it was important for
me to get a mammogram...hmmmm....and there lies the problem. Ok...now I am over it...keep on pinking people...buy pink shit...get money and find a cure...and hurry up, please.












No comments:

Post a Comment