Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Update! and my last plea...


As you may or may not know, I will be participating in the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer 3-day Walk in Cleveland, Ohio in a few weeks. Not sure how many miles I will walk, but I plan on putting one foot in front of the other very much like what I have been doing each day since my diagnosis. Each day presents new challenges, as I reach for "normal" life again. I will never have "normal" life again, and this is why this experience is so important. The money raised will go directly to clinical trials to give me more treatment options for my fight. My goal is to raise $10,000, I don't think I will make it, but I have raised more than I ever thought possible. Again here is my link to my fundraising page:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR/Walk/ClevelandEvent?px=3011012&pg=personal&fr_id=1294

Ok, now for an update...My last scans showed that I am stable and my chemotherapy regimen has been working well! Since we are unsure of what the little bugger canser cells are doing I am trying to stay on chemo as long as I can. I have started my 8th month of chemotherapy. Because of the concentration of drugs in my system I have started to have some annoying side effects! Again, one foot in front of the other in trying to stay on the regimen as long as I can. Adam and I have exciting news! We have a new child, or cat...Back in March I had a feeling that I was to have a white cat with blue eyes. Adam casually mentioned it to someone he worked with who has a friend who rehabs kittens. A few weeks passed and we heard that an all white baby had been found. A true miracle baby. The only one living out of a litter of 14 with no mother cat. The picture above is what Louie looked a week after he was found. He is a wonderful addition to our family always making us laugh. Louie loves tennis as you can see from our video below. He also a fan of candy wrappers and the mouse arrow on the computer. It is amazing, but he will fetch and return bottle caps! He gets along great with his brother Ralph, pic below!














I also continue to share my story as much as I can. In March I participated in a video for Living Beyond Breast Cancer. The video was created for Elizabeth Edwards and was viewed for the first time at the Living Beyond Breast Cancer Conference in Philly in April in which I attended.


Also, here is a link to an article I wrote also for Living Beyond Breast Cancer on being your own health advocate!
http://www.lbbc.org/data/newsletter/LBBCsummer09justformeabc.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment